OnePlus today started rolling out the OxygenOS 4.1.5 update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The update comes with the May Security update and a plethora of other new features and improvements.
The update will also improve the low light focus speed on the camera, improve the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS performance of the device, and fix a bug related to the proximity sensor. For OnePlus 3 users in India, the update fixes VoLTE issues related to Reliance Jio SIM card, with connection issues related to Android Auto also being fixed.
OnePlus is also adding a system push notification for important announcements and information from it. Xiaomi and other Chinese OEMs have been known to push system notifications for their upcoming new product launches and to promote their other products. Its likely that OnePlus will use this system push notification feature later this month when it unveils the OnePlus 5 on June 20th.
The full change log of the update is as follows:
• Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
• Updated network settings for select carriers
• Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8
• Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
• Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
• Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers
• Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
• Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
• WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS
• Proximity sensor
• Camera low light focus
• Expanded screenshot
• Enhanced system stability
As always, OnePlus is rolling out the update in batches so the OTA will not show up immediately on your OnePlus 3 or 3T. If you want the OTA right away though, you can always use this VPN trick to get it.[Via OnePlus]