Just over a month after it initially rolled out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3 lineup of devices, Sony has started rolling out a new firmware for these devices containing a plethora of bug fixes and improvements.
Sony has also taken into account the feedback given by the Xperia community for the first firmware and included some of their requested features to their latest firmware.
The full change log of the update is below:
Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here’s a rundown of what’s fixed and included – we’ve:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
Sony has already started rolling out the update, though a wider rollout will start from the end of this week.
Are you liking the Lollipop update on your Xperia device?