Xiaomi today announced its latest budget entrant — the Redmi 2. The handset comes with a 4.7-inch 720p IPS LCD and a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor, which comprises of ARM’s Cortex-A53 cores.
The full specifications of the Redmi 2 are as follows:
- 4.7-inch 720p IPS LCD display
- 9.4-inch, 133g
- Quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- 4G LTE, HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 8MP rear camera with AF and LED flash
- 2MP front camera
- 2200mAh internal battery
- Dual-SIM support
- MIUI 6 (Based on Android 4.4 KitKat)
What makes the Redmi 2 stand out from the crowd of other budget oriented Android handsets is its price tag of 699RMB (~$112). This is nearly $40 cheaper than the 2nd gen. Moto G, which ships with a last generation processor from Qualcomm.
The Redmi 2 will be available in China from January 9 in five different colors including white, black, yellow, pink and black.
Xiaomi is also slated to unveil its flagship handset for 2015 on January 15.