The folks over at SamMobile have managed to once again their hands on a new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for the Galaxy S5 that is leaps and bounds better than the one that leaked earlier this month.
The latest firmware is based on a new build of Lollipop — LRX02E — and comes with a plethora of changes. Check out the video below to see the new leaked Android 5.0 firmware in action on the Galaxy S5.
The full list of changes summarised by SamMobile is below:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
Rumors and leaks have indicated that Samsung will roll-out the first Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Galaxy S5 sometime in December.[Via SamMobile]