SwiftKey is not the only keyboard on the Play Store getting a major update today. The folks over at Nuance Communication have released a new update for Swype that adds quite a lot of new features and enhancements.
Firstly, there are support for new keyboard modes including Split and mini, for easier typing on phablets and tablets. Secondly, and perhaps a major new feature for many, is bilingual support allowing Swype users to simultaneously use two dictionaries at once.
- New Swype features:
- Split and Mini keyboards for phablets
- Punctuation prediction
- New theme (“Blackbird”)
- Combined secondary and tertiary menus
- Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu
- Accessibility support
- Search gesture
- Bug fixes reported by users
- You can adjust:
- Long-press delay
- Vibration duration
- Keyboard height
- Keyboard layouts
- Word list font size
- -New Dragon Dictation features
- Phrase-based, real-time results
- Dictation language independent of keyboard language
As you can see, the update has a pretty huge change-log and adds most of the requested features from long time Swype users. Head over to the Play Store to download the update right away.