Nova Launcher, probably the most popular third party launcher in the Play Store among Android 4.0+ users, got a major update to v2.1 today. The update brings with it a number of enhancements including the ability to drag folder drawers to desktop, which was perhaps one of the most requested features among Nova users.
The update also introduces the ability to have separate titles and icons in the app drawer, completely independent of the currently applied icon theme.
The full change-log of the update is below -:
- New icon and wallpaper picker. Swipe between pages of themes
- Ability to change icons & titles of apps in drawer, independent of applied icon themes. Drag app from the drawer to the Edit icon
- (Prime) Improved grouping of apps. Drag app from drawer to Edit icon
- (Prime) Ability to drag a drawer folder to the desktop. Stays linked with drawer folder.
- Settings > New Apps for adding newly installed app shortcuts to the desktop. More advanced than the Play Store setting.
- Optimizations and fixes
Last week, the developers behind Apex Launcher also released the v2.0 update of their launcher. However, they were mainly playing catch-up to Nova, adding features that were present in latter since quite sometime. With this new update, Nova Launcher has once again leaps ahead Apex in terms of features.