Android Wear was first announced on March 18, 2014, with partnerships with multiple smartphone and watch manufacturers. LG and Motorola were the first to join the party and talk about their own smartwatches, the G Watch and the Moto 360, respectively. The full Android Wear SDK was made available to developers on June 25, at Google I/O, following which the LG G Watch and a new entrant, the Samsung Gear Live, were released and made available for purchase on the Play Store. The Moto 360, the first round smartwatch with Android Wear, is expected to be released later during the summer.
- Android Wear announced, LG and Motorola join in with the first watches
- 3 Reasons to get excited about Android Wear, and 2 to stay grounded
- Android Wear SDK fully unveiled
- LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live for sale on the Play Store
- 5 Great replacement bands for the LG G Watch and the Samsung Gear Live