Earlier today, Google released the second beta/third Developer Preview of Android P. With Google working hard on preparing Android P for its final release in just a few months from now, the company has introduced a number of minor changes with the latest beta of the OS.
If you are not already running Android P on your Pixel, worry not. We have highlighted all the changes in the latest beta of the OS for you below.
- Head into Settings -> System and you will see that Google is numbering Android P as Android 9.0.
- The revamped App Switcher in Android P now has a handy Clear All button.
- The Weather information now also shows up on the Always On Display screen.
- The latest beta contains 157 new emojis.
- The brightness slider is now logarithmic instead of linear.
- The third DP release also marks Google finalizing the Android P APIs for developers.
- The date is now displayed below the time in the notification shade.
- All security icons in the Settings menu are now green.
- The app drawer in the stock launcher is less transparent than before.
- Quick Reply option is available for bundled notifications.
- The ‘Downloads’ app has again been renamed to ‘Files’ app.
- Biometric API now supports iris and facial recognition along with an updated UI.
For now, these are all the changes that we have found in the third developer preview of Android P. If you have come across any other change not mentioned above, drop a comment and let us know about it.