OnePlus today started rolling out OxygenOS 5.1.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. Apart from the latest version of Oreo, the update also bumps the Android security patch to April.
While there are quite a few new features and enhancements in OxygenOS 5.1.0, the biggest one is the inclusion of iPhone X-like gestures. Its limited to the OnePlus 5T though since it comes with an 18:9 aspect ratio display.
Some of the improvements and enhancements that Android 8.1 Oreo brought to the table are also onboard here. Apart from this, there are some minor improvements, with only the gaming mode coming with two different power modes now. The full change-log of the update is as follows:
- Updated system to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support( Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
The OTA update is being rolled out in stages so it is not going to be immediately available on your OnePlus 5/5T. If the initial feedback from users is good enough, a wider rollout of the update should commence from later this week.
With this update, the OnePlus 5/5T will become among the very few Android devices out there running the very latest version of Oreo. Apart from them, the Essential Phone, Razer Phone, and Google’s Pixel smartphones are the only one in the market running the latest flavor of Android.Like this post? Share it!