The OnePlus team has released the first open beta build of OxygenOS based on Android 7.1.1 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The open beta builds bring a number of new features and enhancements while also fixing some bugs.
The update to Android 7.1.1 itself will only bring about some minor new features like launcher shortcuts and latency improvements. As for other changes introduced in the latest beta build, they are as follows:
- Upgraded to Android 7.1.1
- New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option
- Gallery Improvements
- New photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options
- Newly added media will be highlighted in Photos section
- Image location will be displayed on grid view
- Media can be grouped by month and year
- Folders and individual media can be hidden
- General bug fixes
There are some issues with the open beta as well including Android Pay not working on the London tube. Thankfully, this can be fixed by updating the Android Pay application from the Play Store after installing the beta.
To install the latest OxygenOS open beta build on your OnePlus 3/3T, you will have to sideload the OTA zip using ADB. And if you are already running a previous version of the OxygenOS open beta on your handset, you should receive the latest build on your device as an OTA update. Do remember that once you install the open beta OxygenOS build, you will have to completely wipe your device to be able to return to the stable build of the OS.
[Via OnePlus]Like this post? Share it!