Samsung Running Full-Page Ads in Newspapers Apologising for Galaxy Note 7 Debacle

samsung-galaxy-note-7-box

In a bid to regain customer confidence after the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, Samsung has published full-page ads in the Monday editions of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. The ad is actually a letter from Samsung’ North America president and CEO Gregory Lee in which he apologizes for the whole Note 7 fiasco.

Samsung says in the letter that it is working on re-examining every aspect of the Galaxy Note 7, including “all hardware, software, manufacturing and the overall battery structure” to determine the cause of the battery inside it exploding. The company says that it is moving as “quickly as possible”, but it will still need time to “get the right answers.” The company has already promised that it will be sharing its findings publicly once it gets to the bottom of the matter.

The letter also addresses the recent 2.8 million top-loading washing machine recall that Samsung announced in the United States earlier this month. Gregory Lee says that the company is “taking proactive steps to identify and address what went wrong” and working hard to offer customers with all possible remedies.

“Most importantly, safety remains our top priority. We will listen to you, learn from this and act in a way that allows us to earn back your trust,” the company said. “We are grateful for your ongoing support and again, we are truly sorry.”

There is no word from Samsung yet if it will be running similar ads in regions outside of the United States or not. The company’s executives have already apologized to consumers in China who are still angry with Samsung over the Note 7 debacle.

[Via Yonhap News]

Like this post? Share it!