Earlier today, a test Android 4.4.2 firmware for the Galaxy Note 3 had leaked online. Just a few hours later, Samsung has started rolling out the official update for the Note 3, at least in Poland. Sadly, the KitKat update does not bring any major new feature or interface overhaul for Note 3 users. Instead, all the changes are very minor in nature and are aimed at improving the overall usability of the device. With the Note 3 being such a powerhouse and TouchWIZ running on top of it, it would be hard to notice the under-the-hood performance improvements that Google has introduced in KitKat.
Below is a short list of all the new features introduced in this update -:
- Full screen music album art on the lock screen
- Camera icon shortcut on the lock screen
- System wide support for colorful emojis
- Immersive mode
- Wireless Printing
- White status bar icons
- Ability to select Hangouts as the default SMS client
- Performance and stability improvements
- New Location Settings for further fine-grain control over location usage from apps
- Updated Galaxy Gear Manager
The update is only rolling out to users in Poland currently with the roll-out expected to expand to other markets in a couple of weeks.
Via – SamMobile